Our COVID-19 Policy
Our Commitment to You
Don’t Get Locked In is committed to providing a safe and fun escape room experience whilst protecting the safety of its’ customers and employees. This policy which has been updated in line with restrictions being lifted on Monday 19th July explains how Don’t Get Locked In will operate.
PLEASE NOTE: THE WEARING OF A FACE MASK THAT COVERS THE NOSE AND MOUTH IS MANDATORY IN OUR COMMUNAL AREAS AND IN FRONT OF OUR GAMES MASTERS, THIS IS FOR THE PROTECTION OF OUR STAFF AND OTHER PLAYERS. ONCE PLAYERS ARE INSIDE THE ACTUAL ESCAPE ROOM GAME MASKS MAY BE REMOVED SHOULD YOU WISH TO, HOWEVER IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THEY REMAIN WORN THROUGHOUT GAMEPLAY.
We are fortunate that our escape rooms are spread over 2 floors with 2 separate spacious reception areas and toilet/washing facilities, which means we can adhere to social distancing measures.
We ensure that additional rigorous cleaning measures are in place cleaning all high-contact touch points (like props and locks and handles and boxes..) before and after each game.
We are working to and comply with all the latest Government Advice that is applicable to our industry and will comply with any future guidance that the Government implements.
We have updated risk assessments and operating procedures incorporating all Covid related information.
Before You Arrive
- If one of the party is unwell then do NOT attend please. Symptoms include a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- If you have one of these please reschedule. In addition this includes if you’re waiting for a coronavirus test result or you’ve tested positive for coronavirus or you live with someone who has symptoms, is waiting for a test result or has tested positive.
- We ask that where possible you give us as much notice as possible and we can move your booking to an alternative date.
- You will need to complete a waiver before you can play our games.
- When you make your booking you will receive an email with a link to register and complete the waiver. ALL players must complete this either in advance or on-site. IN ORDER TO AVOID UNNECESSARY DELAY PLEASE ENSURE THIS IS DONE BEFORE YOUR SESSION.
- Additional players (up to the published maximum per room) can still ‘turn up and play’ but will need to pay for their session using contactless payment and also complete the waiver, which can be done onsite.
All customers will be required to do the following on arrival:
- Ring the buzzer on the wall next to the entrance door.
- Ensure that any gloves that have previously been worn are removed and disposed of prior to entering the building.
- Use the provided hand sanitiser to sanitise your hands as soon as you enter the building – this is clearly signed.
- Make your way to the appropriate reception area where you will be greeted by your Games Master:
- 1st Floor
- The Secret Hut
- Return to The Rock
- The Vault
- 2nd Floor
- Gin & Panic
- The Lock In Lounge
- 1st Floor
To ensure the safety of our staff you must be wearing a mask when you enter the reception area. We can provide masks if required.
During the Briefing
There will be no other teams of players on the same floor as you, each floor is completely self contained with reception, toilets and refreshments.
- When you enter reception you will see clearly marked out areas for you to gather. Please maintain a safe distance from staff.
- You must already have a mask on prior to entering reception.
- You will have the opportunity to wash hands and/or sanitise before entering the room.
- Your Games Master will wear a mask at all times and keep a minimum of 2 metres away from any member of your party.
- We have toilet facilities on both floors. There are two cubicles per toilet per floor.
- Free chilled water is available from a water dispenser using 100% biodegradable cone cups. Players can arrive with their own water bottles if preferred.
- After you have had the safety briefing and game introduction you will be directed to enter your room and start your experience.
- Gloves will NOT be mandatory as the World Health Organisation (WHO) advice is that it is preferable to regularly wash your hands.
- Wash your hands before and after undertaking the experience and avoid touching your face. We have wash basins/antibacterial sanitiser and will be directed to it’s usage upon arriving.
- Avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily – only those that make up part of the game experience.
During the Game
The games have not be modified, shortened or changed in any way so you will still get the full Don’t Get Locked In Experience.
- Once inside the escape room that you have booked, you can remove your mask, however we recommend for the safety of the individual and other players that masks are kept on inside the room, especially as cases are still rising.
- You can pick up items and interact with objects as you would normally.
- After you finish your game you will receive a full debrief, this will be given in reception (not in the room as would normally happen) by the Games Master observing the 2m rule. Masks must be worn again in the reception area and communal areas until players leave the building.
After the Game
Once the debrief is completed your Games Master will take your photo (with your permission) and record your time.
You will then be free to leave the building using the same staircase.
And finally…. TripAdvisor reviews would be most welcome.